Sunday 16 June 2013

A view from the pews #1

Where's Matt the Elder sitting today?


You know the cliché that church goers have their favourite place to sit and woe betide anyone who upsets this tradition? Well, quite frankly it's completely true. I'm guilty of this. I like to sit in the fourth pew, on the end and just to the left of the aisle. I have been known to get quite sulky should anyone sit in my favourite spot. Not that I'd force anyone to move... that would be a step too far!

However, I've decided to mix things up a bit on Sunday mornings and sit in different areas of the church. This morning, I sat at the back ( the Minister asked me to record the sermon on the laptop which is at the back of the church). I rather liked it. It was like being on holiday. I saw sections of the church I had never seen before and the whole church service felt fresh and new. 

So, a semi-regular blog post will be A view from the pews. A glimpse of City Church from wherever I decide to sit! I know, it's a genius idea. Without further ado, here was my view this morning:

A view from the back of City Church...before service began
Check out the fancy screens! Smart, eh?! We use these to advertise church events and to put up the hymn words. It's a bit like Congregational karaoke!

Pretty impressive organ, I must say
And here's a photo of the organ. It is very impressive. I must find out more about the history of this beautiful instrument and share this with you.

Are you guilty of having a favourite seat in church? Have you made a church faux pas by sitting in someone's spot? Do share!

Until next time...

With best wishes,
Matt the Elder



No comments:

Post a Comment