Wednesday 17 July 2013

A visit to Ewenny Priory in the Vale of Glamorgan

Gorgeous screen glass at Ewenny Priory


I just wanted to share with you a couple of pictures from a recent visit to Ewenny Priory in the Vale of Glamorgan. I was hiking in the area and took a detour to the church. I've visited many, many times as this is the area where I grew up. I still love visiting. It's so peaceful and tranquil. 

Anyway, in 2006 a glass screen was installed which separates the parish church from the monastic section which is looked after by Cadw. Swansea based glass artist Alexander Beleschenko was commissioned to design the screen. It represents the resurrection of Christ.

Isn't it wonderful?

If you haven't visited the area I'd recommend you do so. It's a great place for walking and close by is Ewenny Pottery and Ogmore Castle. 

Below are a few snaps I took while on my hike. 



Corn fields at Corntown


A selection of Ewenny pottery
With best wishes,
Matt the Elder



No comments:

Post a Comment