Sunday 28 July 2013

Someone's been reading m'blog!

Just Text Giving now available at City Church
Do you remember a previous post where I shared five things churches could do to engage with visitors? Well, it would seem the Minister has been keeping a sharp eye on m'blog because he has adopted one of my ideas!

As you can see from the picture, it was the idea of setting up a Just Text Giving service for City Church. I noticed that Fowey Church were advertising their Just Text Giving service. I thought it was a marvellous idea especially as I had no cash on me in which to donate to the church. And when I spotted their advert I immediately donated money via text. 

It is very easy to use. To donate to City Church simply text CURC00, leave a space and then add the amount you would like to donate. £2, £5, £10, for example. You send that message to 70070. 

I couldn't wait to try it out so I sent a text to 70070 with CURC00 £5 in the message. And it worked! Within seconds I got a reply thanking me for my donation and a link to gift aid my donation. All very straightforward. 

I'm delighted that the Minister set this up based on reading my blog. It really made my day knowing that I've helped City Church to strengthen their fundraising efforts. 

Has your church had success with Just Text Giving? What other ways do you engage with your visitors? Please do share in the comments below.

Until next time.

With best wishes,
Matt the Elder

Ps: Feel free to 'Like' City Church on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment